Table of contents:
- What Processes Can Be Automated in Pipedrive?
- Pipedrive Automation for Manual Workflow Tasks
- Using Pipedrive Workflow Automation Tools
- Pipedrive API
- Benefits of Pipedrive Automation with the Help of Automaly Professionals
Whether you operate an e-commerce business or a B2B company, the importance of automating repetitive, manual activities can’t be overstated. However, due to the sheer weight of their work and limited knowledge about Pipedrive workflow automation, your sales team could be spending only less than 30% of the time selling.
About one-third of all sales tasks can be automated, but only one in four companies has automated at least one of its sales processes. That’s probably because many salespeople are yet to experience the benefits of the automation applications and technologies we have today.
So, in this article, we walk you through the basic steps to setting up Pipedrive workflow automation and how to set up the right integrations for your business needs.
What Processes Can Be Automated in Pipedrive?
Sales automation refers to leaving mundane, repetitive tasks to your sales CRM software. This can help reduce overhead costs by automating administrative tasks related to sales activities, save you time and help you focus on what really matters – creating a great customer experience every time.
That said, what can you automate with Pipedrive?
1. Sales Activities
In our context, sales activities are the strategies and tactics you use to sell your products or services to customers. Being a full-featured sales CRM, Pipedrive allows users to automate almost every aspect of the customer sales journey. This includes activities such as:
- Administrative tasks such as scheduling meetings and appointments with customers/prospects.
- Creating new pipelines
- Contact management (finding more information about leads/customers from social channels such as LinkedIn)
- Follow-up with customers via email or phone
- Assigning deals to specific sales team members.
Whatever repetitive sales activity you have in mind, there’s a good chance that Pipedrive has a built-in feature to automate it. If not, you can find more features in the Pipedrive Marketplace.
2. Marketing Activities
Marketing your business is a vital part of running a successful company. It’s important to get potential customers excited about your brand and drive sales and revenue.
But, it can also be one of the most challenging aspects of running your business. With Pipedrive, you can automate several marketing activities such as:
- Email marketing with custom templates
- Lead nurturing
- Follow up with Inactive deals
Email marketing is the primary marketing channel, according to 29% of marketers, and can be made even more effective with automation. With Pipedrive workflow automation, you can create custom email templates for a newly acquired deal or whenever a deal moves onto the next stage of your sales pipeline.
3. Human Resources Management
Managing employees also comes off as a challenge for many small businesses without an established corporate structure. Activities such as employee onboarding, finding new candidates, employee performance evaluation, data collection, and storage take up much time to plan and execute.
- Collect employee information such as their names, phone numbers, and physical and email addresses to create a full profile
- Handle the payroll more efficiently with the collected data
- Plan for onboarding and training, and do so much more. After all, delivering fast, critical onboarding increases new hire performance by 11.3%
Automating activities in your human resource department minimizes the time taken to manually retrieve employee information.
This way, the department can run its activities more efficiently.
4. Accounting and Finance Bookkeeping
Even the most well-run, organized, and diligent small businesses have trouble staying on top of all the transactions that need to be recorded. Keeping track of financial activities can seem daunting, especially if you’re just starting.
It’s easy to overlook monthly expenses, misplace receipts and forget to balance your books.
Pipedrive workflow automation for accounting can help streamline your books. You no longer have to spend time tracking down information or manually updating your records. It can also make it easier to collaborate with different departments within the business by providing a central place where they can view their financial data at one glance.
And, with the prevalence of third-party accounting software, you can easily acquire these Pipedrive workflow automation examples for accounting:
- Quickbooks Online
Why Automate Your Workflows?
67% of businesses have turned to automated processes across various operations. From automating customer service to manufacturing, many businesses are currently implementing workflows to streamline processes, cut costs, and boost employee efficiency.
The benefits of automating your business processes are obvious: you can save time and money by reducing errors and omissions, freeing employees to focus on higher-value activities instead of repetitive tasks.
- Pipedrive workflow automation helps salespeople who are always multitasking. – Sadly, performing many sales activities at once never stops. But if you feel like your brain can only handle so many things at once, you may want to consider investing in Pipedrive workflow automation.
At their core, workflows are about isolating specific actions and feeding the right information to the right team member at the right time. With all the manual tasks isolated and automated, your team will be free to focus on the big-picture stuff.
- Real-time collaboration – Even if your team is small, you will want to start harnessing the potential of collaboration. However, that’s not going to happen if everyone is sitting at their desks, keying in numbers from paper documents.
You can achieve efficient collaboration by setting up video conferences and creating an online forum for your team. Leverage workflow automation Pipedrive tools like Slack and Trello to take the team’s communication to the next level.
- Escape from time-starvation – Your sales team spends much time feeding their computers customer information, scheduling calls, and other sales activities. Like other employees, they’re bound to experience the occasional burnout. And when they’re burnt out, they’re not as productive as they should be, which means you need Pipedrive workflow automation to ease the load.
- Satisfied sales staff – Automating your workflows frees up more time for your sales team. It also takes away the unnecessary manual tasks so your team can spend more time doing what they love.
Before you make any decisions or rush into automating your workflows, take some time to consider why it makes sense for your company in particular. If you don’t already have a workflow management system in place, it will be much easier for you to begin automating your workflows once they are part of an established platform.
Think about the different processes within your company:
- How many of them require human input?
- Do these processes need to be automated?
- Are there any unnecessary steps?
Once you’ve identified the specific reasons why it makes sense for your company to automate its workflows, it will be easier for you to make a strategic decision (moving forward with automation or not.